Thanksgiving week started out great...my kitchen was demolished to start the remodeling. I picked out my granite and cabinets and finalized all plans on Wednesday. I even have the back splash picked out. Things started to turn rough on Thursday when Kace started throwing and had severe diarrhea. I contacted his Dr. and she said to just try to let him ride it out. We rode out the vomiting and diarrhea until Saturday...then the fever hit 103. We ended up in Children's ER at 10 at night for them to tell me it was a viral illness. Sunday night his fever hit 103.5. At midnight, the fever broke and he seemed fine. I took him to the Dr. on Monday morning to do a stool test and for her to check him over. She stated she thought everything was viral. Monday during the day, he was great. He played and started acting like himself. When it came time to go to bed...it didn't happen. He was wide awake until 11:30. I finally got him to sleep only to wake up at 12:30. Finally at 2:30, I drove around the neighborhood in my bathrobe, trying to get him sleepy. He slept until 5 and was wide awake again. I knew something wasn't right but he was happy and playing again. Instead of sending him to daycare, I sent him to a friend. By 9, she had called me to say that he was inconsolable. Back to the ER we went. While I was waiting, a rash started popping up all over his body. After 6 hours at the ER, they finally diagnosed him with Roseola. Hopefully it is finally the end of it because I haven't slept in 3 days. I'm running on pure coffee now.
On Friday, I got a phone call that one of our friends had committed suicide. My heart instantly broke. He has 1 year old twins and was just had his first grandchild. It is really hard to wrap my mind around it. My thoughts and prayers are with the family. I guess I just don't understand how life can get so bad that you don't want to be here any more. It's sad that it takes something like that to remind to you cherish everyday more and more.
Now that I have gotten all of that off my chest, I am hoping for a better week with healthy kids and a kitchen almost finished.
Just as I was about to hit publish, I got a phone call from my husband. Day care called and Kaden was playing rough with another little boy and now has a busted lip. They don't think that it requires stitches. UGG!
Not Over Just Yet
7 years ago
1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear of your recent troubles! I hope things are going better and both of your kids are healthy. Take care of yourself too!!
Post a Comment