Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A New Kitchen

It is finally time....the installation! We are finally ready to install after 2 1/2 months of tedious work. We were originally shooting to be finished within 2 weeks but a few problems here and there have pushed us back. The total installation will take a total of 4 days. I feel like a kid in a candy store...I am so excited. Every single inch of my kitchen has been redone, not one old thing will be put back in. I will post some beginning pictures and try to update the installation as it happens.
I though I had the pictures of before the demolition but all I have is the beginning demo...I'll try to explain. For those of you that have been in my kitchen before, we tore down the wall where the breakfast nook used to be and that is the new home for the refrigerator and a new wall pantry. We had just started tearing stuff out in these pictures. We also took the arch out the doors and made the entry way bigger. More pictures to follow...hopefully tomorrow.
This is where my 40 year old corner oven used to be and the lovely paneling that used to cover the entire kitchen. Don't worry, we tore down the paneling and now have sheet rock!
I added this picture because I just love it!



1 comment:

Tami said...

Kitchen remodels, or any remodels for that matter, are so time consuming. There always seems to be something unexpected. It is so nice when it is done, though; well worth the wait and all the work. We redid our kitchen almost 2 years ago. I look forward to seeing more pictures.